Friday, February 17, 2012

Clarisonic & Birchbox!

What an exciting week!!  So much to talk about!  Valentines Day, my birthday, AND I finally got a Clarisonic Mia 2 AND the wait is finally over for me at Birchbox!

Let's talk about the Clarisonic Mia 2 (I'll try to post pics).  I looked at the regular Clarisonic Mia and the Mia 2.  I decided to go with the Mia 2 for two reasons:  First, I liked the dual speeds.  For my really oily skin and large pores, I wanted to be able to concentrate more on those areas at a higher speed.  Secondly, the protective travel case that comes with the Mia 2.  Sure, I could just travel with it in it's own bag or with my other cosmetics, but I really like the extra protection the case provides. 

I picked it up my Clarisonic Mia 3 in pink at ULTA on Wednesday evening. I came straight home to plug it in to charge enough to use it right away.  The first use, I was a little sloppy with it.  I used too much water and too much facial cleanser.  There was water everywhere!  It even got in my eyes!  I should have known better, but oh well.  I have used it Wednesday evening, Thursday morning and evening and this morning.  I can honestly say that already, my pores on my nose look cleaner and smaller.  The pores on my cheeks and chin are cleaner and smaller as well - but for me, my nose area is the most noticeable.  On Wednesday, I awoke to a large cyst-like zit coming up on my chin.  I went over that area with the Clarisonic each day, and today,  it is almost gone (without breaking the skin).  I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but I'm going to say no!  It's probably a little of the magic of the Clarisonic. To say that I love the Clarisonic Mia 2 is an understatement!  Clarisonic has a steep price tag, at $119 for the Mia, $149 for the Mia 2, $195 for the standard size and $225 for the one one with the body brush head.  Either way you go, it's a great investment  for your skin!!  (as a side note:  I've read a couple of reviews about the Clarisonic Mia actually reducing the look of wrinkles - so I'm going to be on the lookout for that - especially on my forehead as those wrinkles are starting to bother me a lot).

Clarisonic recommends that you change out the brush heads every three months or so.  I'm not certain if this is with daily use or with a couple of times a week, but I'll need to gauge that as I go.  So far, I am very happy with the product!  (I also have the Sonicare toothbrush - made by the same company - and I love that too!  My teeth feel great all the time - recommend that highly as well!).

On to other good news this week - my Birchbox wait is over!!  I got the wonderful news via email on Wednesday, and I signed up almost immediately.  My first box will probably be in March.  I haven't decided if I'm going to do a video review, or just write reviews.  I'm not all that technically savvy, but I'm willing to give it a try.  I can't wait to get my first box!

I have ventured away from my MAC Studio Fix foundation and I bought Make Up For Ever HD Foundation.  I was almost out, so I wanted to branch out a little bit and try something new.  I bought the starter kit (very pricey at $79) but it included the setting powder, brush and primer.  Today is my first day wearing it, so I'm not going to write a review just yet.  I'm going to give it a week or two of daily use to write an effective review of the product.

That's all for now!
Much Love!
L

No comments:

Post a Comment